Project title: Year round tourism in mountain destinations of B&H and MNE 365Crne Gore 365
Donor: EU – IPA CBC BiH MNE
Cost of the project: 235,930.40 euros
Amount contributed by donor: 198.000,00 euros
Implementation period: From 15.12.2012 to 15.09.2014
Description of the project: The goal of this project was strengthening of cross border cooperation and establishment of integral approach in development of summer mountain tourism based on natural resources of the region
1. New regional touristic products created and current ones developed – through this project 3 local biking trails have been developed, 4 hiking trails, 6 rural households assisted in providing B&B services, speleological cadastre created for four municipalities, 3 sites for rock climbing selected and equipped.
2. Developed and improved out of season tourist infrastructure on mountain centres in B&H and Montenegro – mountain bicycles and kayaks provided for Tourism Organization Mojkovac, two playgrounds constructed in villages selected for agro tourism.
3. Capacity of local tourism service providers developed – 15 representatives of rural households trained in providing agro tourism services and creating products in this sector.
4. New cross border regional tourist products promoted – new website created for promotion of tourism products and services of the region (www.northernexposure.me), promotional leaflets created for biking and hiking trails, rock climbing, caves and agro tourism.
5. Capacities of both RDAs strengthened and cross border network of tourism supporters established.